Wednesday, December 29, 2010

CheckPoints App Update 12/29/10

Today an update was released for CheckPoints.  I have not had a chance to check it out in action to see if it solves my problem of not getting recognized as in the store when I am in big stores like K-Mart and WalMart.  The whole app design has majorly changed, though.

Now you can see how many coins you can earn by scanning at each store nearby without clicking on the store name.  It does not seem to be entirely accurate, though, just as the amount of points has been showing up wrong for certain stores for a while.

The biggest change is you can now get coins for downloading certain apps.  There are a few apps that are free you can download and get a coin once you open the new app and then go back to the CheckPoints app.  Not a guarantee for CheckPoints, as the slot machine is still random, but an easy way to get some coins from home.

The reward shop design also changed its look.  In my opinion it makes the reward area look worse, but at least I did not have the app crashing when I tried to redeem some points I had been trying to redeem since this morning when I was on the old version of the app.

What do you think of the update?

No comments:

Post a Comment